Everything is Design



World renown graphic designer Paul Rand once said, "Everything is design. Everything!"

This is so true for the eyes of a graphic designer. Everywhere we go, we are always scoping out good and bad design. Whether we critique it to ourselves or with some design buddies we might have with us. Packaging, signage and publications are being ripped apart or appreciated every second.

If you end up at a retail store with me...or in my car, your bound to see a few pictures snapped with my phone of packaging or signage. I admit...many accidents have almost happened on the road because I was snapping a picture of a billboard or car wrap. Recently, I uploaded all these pictures, and 55 images later, I noticed that in the past month I've had quite the addiction. Above are 9 of the 55 pictures, all taken at places like Wal-Mart, Frys and Cost Plus.

Don't be ashamed, we're designers. If you have a cool photo of packaging or whatever, post it on your facebook (or myspace if your still in 2007). Share it with everyone! You'd be surprised how many comments you'll get. This also helps you keep up with current trends and expands your creativity, almost as an alternative to Barnes & Noble design books or the latest CA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 The Dealy News | by TNB